background

Saturday, August 8, 2009

First Attempts at Scrapbooking

Here are a few of my first layouts.

**Note: if you click on any of the images it will allow you a close up look



The purple "Cherish" layout was a class I took. I learned about using a computer font, reversing its direction and hand cutting a title. Also, about using definitions for journaling, using fibres and making use of a simple circle punch along with how to matt a photo. Learned alot from a simple layout.











The idea for the first Graduation layout was scraplifted from one I saw on display. The 'celebrate' background paper was hand stamped in 3 colours, learned how to tear paper, used pop ups and multi layering of matts to add more dimension. This was my daughter, Regan's, graduation from medical school.










The second Graduation layout (of her high school graduation) was a bit of a take off from the other layout. Looking back on it now, it seems so plain and simple.











The next two double layouts of a friend's birthday was from a class I took. It started out as a one page layout but I added on to create 4 pages so each of us from our "Lunch Bunch" was in it. Learned how to ink edges and love the effect, more tearing, matting, using brads, making tags. Always something new to learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment